Fans Use Twitter To React To Cutcliffe Staying At Duke

Head coach David Cutcliffe was going to be Tennessee's new coach—or so Internet sources speculated—and then all of a sudden he wasn't. After a number of media outlets reported yesterday evening that Cutcliffe had agreed to join the Volunteers' program, Cutcliffe and Director of Athletics Kevin White released a statement this morning that the coach will stay at the helm of the Blue Devil program.

With the details of the story developing as quickly as they did, the Internet proved to be the source of the latest speculation and information and, more often than not, a source of misinformation. But throughout the entire day, fan reactions could be easily tracked with a look at Twitter or fan message boards.

At one point yesterday, "David Cutcliffe" was the fourth most searched term on Google and was listed by the site as a "volcanic" search term.

In the last couple of hours, Twitter has been flooded by links to stories about Cutcliffe and reactions to the coach's statement. Below are a number of tweeets reacting to Cutcliffe's decision to stay at Duke:

Generic Script

Feel free to give us your reactions to The Chronicle Sports Blogs's Twitter account, @ChronicleSports. Or, tell the coach how you really feel. @DavidCutcliffe is on Twitter, too, but given his silence in the last few months, don't expect him to write back.

Share and discuss “Fans Use Twitter To React To Cutcliffe Staying At Duke” on social media.