Scheyer Gets Another ACC Player of the Week Nod

Jon Scheyer won his second ACC Player of the Week award of the season following the statistically finest performance of his career against Gardner-Webb Dec. 15 and a stellar effort against then-No. 15 Gonzaga Saturday, both wins for Duke (9-1), to solidify his early-season status as an ACC Player of the Year candidate.

The Blue Devil senior lit up the Runnin' Bulldogs Tuesday for 36 points on 11-of-13 shooting, including 7-of-9 from 3-point range, eclipsing his previous career-high of 30 points set Feb. 22 against Wake Forest in only 30 minutes of game action. Scheyer also grabbed eight rebounds and set another career high with nine assists. The senior became just the third player in school history to record 30 points, eight rebounds and eight assists in a game.

Scheyer topped the week off with 20 points, five rebounds in eight assists in Duke's 76-41 romp over Gonzaga at Madison Square Garden in New York. As the Blue Devils' primary ball handler, Scheyer only had two turnovers in 35 minutes, sustaining his impressive assist-to-turnover ratio.

Duke has the week off before taking on Long Beach State Dec. 29 at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Share and discuss “Scheyer Gets Another ACC Player of the Week Nod” on social media.