RECESS  |  CULTURE

Yesterday's News: TRKFest and I Was Totally Destroying It

Two bits of news we are a day late in posting. Bad news first, then good.

• After the announcement of a contract on the band's MySpace less than a month ago, Neckbeard Record's has terminated their contract with I Was Totally Destroying It "Citing irreconcilable differences" according to a press release from the label. IWTDI was scheduled to release The Beached Margin/Done Waiting double EP in May alongside former labelmate Lemming Malloy, who are still signed and will release their album in May. Lemming Malloy is having a record release party May 22 at Local 506. IWTDI was schedule to play but we're betting they are off the bill now. No news as to what said "irreconcilable differences" are, but it's an interesting storyline for sure. IWTDI's Done Waiting EP can be download at Reverb Nation for free, here.
  • After a successful first go last May, Trekky Records has scheduled its second (now) annual TRKFest for Saturday, June 13, again at the Piedmont Biofuels plant in Pittsboro, NC. In addition to the regular slate of Trekky bands, the day-long festival will include favorites Hammer No More the Fingers, Ivan Rosebud (that's the Rosebud's Ivan Howard), Midtown Dickens and Megafaun. Read more about the even (including the other events like the Pants-off Dance-off) over at Trekky's blog.

Share and discuss “Yesterday's News: TRKFest and I Was Totally Destroying It” on social media.