Vote for Goldstein, Hill, Mulhern, Chen, Passo

For Duke Student Government president, the Duke College Republicans endorses junior Chelsea Goldstein. Goldstein's extensive and distinguished record of developing ideas for positive campus change and then actually accomplishing those goals is unrivaled by any of her opponents. The one-year Masters of Management Studies and the new Web site for course evaluations are testaments to her persistence and her capacity to be an unceasing advocate for Duke students.

Goldstein's unique style of leadership as vice president for academic affairs encouraged her senators to collaborate on projects to bring substantial improvements to campus, as evidenced by her committee's accomplishments this year. Moreover, Goldstein will promote fiscal responsibility and fight for students' safety. We believe that Goldstein can achieve the goals she has outlined and break DSG's reputation for ineffectiveness. DCR also commends both junior Awa Nur and sophomore Michael Lefevre for their qualifications and excellent ideas. We are particularly disheartened by the Duke Democrats' public attack on Lefevre after his hard work to improve Duke dining. We support Lefevre's dining memo and hope that DSG's next president will fight to improve customer service and the overall quality of the dining experience.

The endorsement for executive vice president was our most difficult, but DCR endorses junior Bethany Hill. Her emphasis on training freshman senators and reducing waste convinced us that she is most capable of heightening DSG's effectiveness.

For vice president of student affairs, DCR endorses freshman Kevin Mulhern. Mulhern will bring a fresh perspective and fight for fiscal responsibility, as well as improve the student experience through safety measures, graduate-undergraduate collaboration and other creative programs.

DCR recommends Cynthia Chen for vice president of academic affairs, based on her superior institutional knowledge and aptitude. These skills ensure she will be able to accomplish the objectives she has set forth in her platform.

We recommend Will Passo for vice president of Durham and regional affairs based on his familiarity with Duke-Durham relations. Passo's positive attitude and measured demeanor ensure he will be a fine representative of the student body before the Durham community.

Vikram Srinivasan

Chair, Duke College Republicans

Trinity '10

Share and discuss “Vote for Goldstein, Hill, Mulhern, Chen, Passo” on social media.