Green Named Head Coach

The search for O.D. Vincent's successor is over.

Former Charlotte head coach Jamie Green, the three time Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, was named as the next head coach at Duke, athletic director Kevin White announced in a statement Friday. Green's tenure begins immediately.

Green helped Charlotte to four NCAA tournament appearances in five years, including top-10 finishes in 2007 and 2008, and his team was one of just nine teams to reach the final round in the last three years. He won his conference's top coaching honor in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

"[Green] has an outstanding reputation in the golf world and will be a great addition to our athletic department," White said in a statement. "Jamie has a proven track record as a winner and for developing excellent student-athletes both on and off the course. He clearly is one of the bright young coaches in America."

"Duke is a world class university and I am grateful for the opportunity that Kevin White has granted me," Green said. "Duke has a great golf tradition and I will work passionately everyday to continue to build on that. Duke's tradition and amazing facilities are what every recruit and student-athlete can hope for. We have a strong group of players in place and a very good recruiting class who can and should succeed at the highest level."

Green replaces Vincent, who left in December to become an athletic administrator at his alma mater, the University of Washington. Vincent was hired after the program's longtime head coach, Rod Myers, died in 2007.

Share and discuss “Green Named Head Coach” on social media.