Duke-Virginia Set For Noon; Lewis, Rey Earn Honors

Duke announced its home matchup against Virginia Sept. 27 will be played at noon and televised by ESPNU. The Blue Devils (2-1) will be seeking their first ACC win since 2004, when a last-second field goal lifted them over Clemson. The Cavaliers (1-2) are licking the wounds following a 45-10 drubbing at the hands of Connecticut last weekend. So far, Virginia has been outscored 97-34. Both teams are idle this weekend.

In other news, the ACC announced its weekly honors, and Duke players received both the Offensive Back and Defensive Back Awards in quarterback Thaddeus Lewis and linebacker Vincent Rey. Lewis completed 25-of-35 pass attempts for 317 yards and three scores—all to wideout Eron Riley. He also extended the nation's active streak for the most consecutive pass attempts without an interception to 206. Rey's biggest play came on a 37-yard fumble return for a touchdown, the defense's first score this season. But he also chipped in a 12 tackles, a team-high four tackles for a loss and one sack.

In the season's first three weeks, already three Blue Devils have earned ACC Weekly Honors, with freshman wide receiver Johnny Williams garnering the Rookie of the Week award in his 11-catch, 135-yard effort against Northwestern Sept. 6.

--by Matthew Iles

Share and discuss “Duke-Virginia Set For Noon; Lewis, Rey Earn Honors” on social media.