LIVE BLOG: Duke vs. No. 2 Pennsylvania

FINAL, Pennsylvania 9, Duke 8: Game over, season over for Duke, which lost in the national semifinal for the fourth straight year. This time, the Blue Devils were up 7-4 before forcing overtime and finally losing 4:08 into the extra period. Carolyn Davis led the unranked Blue Devils with five goals on the night. Game story later tonight, more discussion tomorrow. What do you think of the loss?

OVERTIME, Duke 8, Pennsylvania 8: The Blue Devils squandered a 7-4 second-half lead and the Quakers took an 8-7 advantage with 5:40 left, but Duke's Lindsay Gilbride forced overtime with a minute remaining with a goal of her own. The teams are in between periods now, and we'll let you know who advances to the final with more analysis later on.

HALFTIME, Duke 4, Pennsylvania 3: Carolyn Davis has two goals and goalkeeper Kim Imbesi has been solid in net as the Blue Devils lead No. 2 Pennsylvania 4-3 at halftime of the national semifinal at Johnny Unitas Stadium in Towson, Md.

Both offenses started well, but neither team scored in the final 12 minutes of the half.

Freshman Emma Hamm, one of Duke’s leading scorers, left the game early in the period with what appeared to be a pulled muscle and hasn’t returned. Check back after the game for more complete coverage as the Blue Devils try to advance into the national championship Sunday against top-seeded Northwestern.

--by Madeline Perez

Share and discuss “LIVE BLOG: Duke vs. No. 2 Pennsylvania” on social media.