Danowski Projected No. 1 Overall in MLL Draft

The Chronicle, particularly this year, prides itself on providing the best coverage of Duke Lacrosse of any media outlet (we'll be sending two reporters and two photographers to Foxborough, if you haven't heard). Inside Lacrosse, on the other hand, is by far the best source of news and analysis for national college lacrosse, and John Jiloty and his crew have done a nice job covering the Blue Devils, as well.

In the dominant media source's first mock Major League Lacrosse Draft, Jiloty projects fifth-year senior attackman Matt Danowski as the draft's first overall pick, held by Chicago. Danowski is the reigning Tewaaraton Trophy winner and, along with teammate Zack Greer, is one of five finalists for the Heisman Trophy equivalent this year.

Also listed in the top 20 prospects are defenseman Nick O'Hara (No. 13) and former Blue Devil and current Virginia midfielder Peter Lamade (No. 18). Zack Greer, the nation's leading goal scorer and NCAA all-time leading goal scorer, is not listed, but he has the option of using a fifth year of eligibility granted to Duke by the NCAA last year to compensate for the suspended 2006 season.

Share and discuss “Danowski Projected No. 1 Overall in MLL Draft” on social media.