Editor's Note 24: on Politicking

As you may or may not have noticed -if you are an average Duke student I am going to bet on the latter-recess has unabashedly supported Barack "Hussein in the Membrane" Obama in this current presidential election.

We throw our immense and meaningful political clout behind Obamarama for two very valid and well-formed reasons. First, Hillary Clinton is kind of mean/scary and is for censoring violent video games, which really miffs everyone (read: the nerds) in recess.

Secondly, no matter how much experience John McCain has, we firmly believe that electing a zombie to the highest office in the nation sets a bad precedent. Yes, solving the problem of terrorist factions in Iraq through brain-eating sounds awesome at first, but what starts with terrorists ends with innocent Andorran children. delicious, moist Andorran children. Luckily, no one is sure where Andorra is located.

However, newspapers and other politicians are not the only ones to endorse candidates. The most important political group in today's People magazine, paparazzi-loving society is the ever-elusive celebrity.

Each candidate has their own stable of celebrities. Obama clearly has the edge with his super-large posse that loves him so much as to make music videos for him.

Many people discount the celebrity voice, saying that celebs just need to keep their opinions to themselves. I tend to disagree.

Celebrities are like good friends to the American populace. We let them into our home, get to know them and eventually love them. We care about what our good friends' opinions are, so we should be OK with what our celebs say. Except for Sean Penn. Never ever listen to Sean Penn.

Share and discuss “Editor's Note 24: on Politicking” on social media.