Film Review: Reno 911!: Miami

From director Ben Garant, Reno 911!: Miami is every bit as enjoyable and comedic as fans might expect it to be, but no more so.

Set in Miami during a national police convention, Miami pits the troopers of Reno against a potential terrorist attack that threatens to disrupt the festivities. What ensues is 84 minutes of mock-police-documentary humor that, despite containing new jokes and celebrity cameos, is very similar to the television show of the same name.

The film follows the misadventures of a group of flunkies as they stumble through middle-school humor that is intentionally and blissfully inane. Think Cops mixed with Super Troopers, but not quite that sophisticated. Nevertheless, there are plenty of chuckles to go around and a few surprise appearances, such as DA Danny DeVito (say that 10 times fast), that keep things moving.

While there is something to be said about remaining true to your fanbase, the only thing that separates the film from a regular episode of the show is the graphic language and occasional nudity. Because of this, Reno 911!: Miami is ultimately forgettable.

Short, sweet and to the point, the film doesn't pretend to be anything more than filler between seasons. If you enjoy the show, you will enjoy the movie because it doesn't really do anything new or take any risks.

Share and discuss “Film Review: Reno 911!: Miami” on social media.