DSG Endorsements: Joel Kliksberg for CI

Freshman Joel Kliksberg's success as chairman of the East Campus Council, experience with numerous other campus groups and unabashed enthusiasm makes him the best candidate for Vice President of Community Interaction.

Kliksberg has accomplished a great deal as the chair of the ECC, including passing a resolution to eliminate breakfast as part of the first-year meal plan, implementing improvements in the Marketplace and holding successful programming. This shows Kliksberg's ability to achieve tangible results.

His platform for his DSG bid includes improving the communication between DSG and students though online referendums, monthly town hall meetings and, most importantly, the revival and expansion of the Inter-Community Council. He believes he can give new life-blood to the ICC and turn it into an extremely useful student organization. He also hopes to improve Duke-Durham relations by having Duke representatives at City Council meetings and by starting joint community service projects.

Junior Kirstin Hopkins has good ideas, especially with making senators more issue oriented, but her platform seems to neglect the Durham community, an important part of the Community Interaction office. Her vision of CI in general seems more narrow than that of her opponents.

Freshman Anthony Collins is also enthusiastic and dedicated to DSG, but he has yet to develop a concrete, goal-oriented agenda. His platform lacks the detail and focus of Kliksberg's.

Although Hopkins and Collins are both capable of the job, they do not compare to Kliksberg in scope or attention to detail.

The Chronicle formally endorses Joel Kliksberg for Vice President of Community Interaction.

Share and discuss “DSG Endorsements: Joel Kliksberg for CI” on social media.