Dave still standing for another season of 'Chappelle's Show'

Last night at 10:30, you missed out on some crazy sh*t, biatch. In the image of "The Ben Stiller Show," "Mr. Show," "The State" and other fine sketch comedy series that have gone the way of Crystal Pepsi, Comedy Central's "Chappelle's Show" is currently pushing the envelope. It delivers at least an hour of laughter in its half-hour time slot with an exceptional assortment of pop culture spoofs, sketches about crack heads and jokes about boobies, knockers, chesticles and sweater puppets. Each episode consists of a smattering of skits, linked by stand-up segues and topped off with a musical performance by one of hip-hop's finest. Artists in store for the upcoming season include DMX, Common and Ludacris. 

Dave Chappelle, most notably of the 1998 cult classic Half Baked, is in the midst of his second season of comedic brilliance, as he narrowly avoids cancellation each Wednesday at 10:30 p.m. This season, Chappelle will undoubtedly continue to give us a non-stop set of laughs offending anyone and everyone who tunes in, but this is precisely the beauty of the program. He spares no one with take-offs on Apple Computers, Girls Gone Wild, Kinko's, Nostradamus, It's a Wonderful Life, Yoda and of course, white people. Not to exaggerate the issue, but Chappelle's material is often as risky as a bet on Dennis Kucinich for the Democratic nomination.  

With Chappelle himself getting all of the attention it is easy to overlook the fine job done by his supporting cast of regulars and notable guests including Old School pledge Eddie Pepitone, "Sex and the City" queen Mario Cantone, "Last Comic Standing" should've-won Rich Vos and prolific redhead Michael Rapaport. Street segments have even featured such wild cards as Stephen King, Carson Daly, Twisted Sister's Dee Snider and "Fear Factor" host Joe Rogan. The moral of this story is that when you tune in you never know just what to expect.  

We can hear your pitiful excuses now: "But every Wednesday night at 10:30 I'm busy sowing my wild oats!" Well, you won't get out of this that easily. "Chappelle's Show" appears again Thursdays at 12:30 p.m., Saturdays at 9:00 and 9:30 p.m., Sundays at 10:00 and 10:30 p.m. ad infinitum. Thanks to Comedy Central's dearth of programming, we essentially get Chappelle at our convenience. If that isn't enough to please your insatiable comedy appetite, Chappelle's 12-episode first season will be released on DVD Feb. 24 in uncensored form.  

Outstanding.

Share and discuss “Dave still standing for another season of 'Chappelle's Show'” on social media.