Badass superstars take to the court

Do you remember the excitement of NBA Jam? Throwing down alley-oop, triple axle, two-handed hammers with Zo and Deke? Driving the lane to put up reverse, hesitation, white-boy lay-ups with Stockton and Spud? Well EA Sports Big has brought all that big-talking, three-point swishing, rim-rocking excitement into a new era with their newest release, Street 2. This title follows up EA's wildly successful Street cartridge that brought the world of NBA superstars to the blacktop.

This time around, true to the mission of EA Big, Street gets louder, funkier and just a pinch more in your face. Everything is bigger, from the courts to the players to the over-the-top moves that keep the arcade style action cruising at a break-neck clip. Playing into the stereotypes that has made the NBA the ego show that it has become, Street 2 places attitude front and center so that players like Kobe, Tony Parker and even Keith Van Horn appear as bad-asses oozing with "street cred."

While it might not make the most optimistic statement regarding the nature of today's NBA or the game of basketball in general, Street 2 is somehow habit-forming. From the time you pop your first fall away buzzer beater, you might find that you're having trouble putting the controller down. All the emotions that came with pumping fistfuls of quarters into the NBA Jam: Tournament Edition at your local arcade are back, only this time you can get all the action without leaving the comfort of your bean bag chair.

Share and discuss “Badass superstars take to the court” on social media.