On the Inside: Sex at Duke

The ranting, the raving - it seems endless. Duke sucks, Durham suck...Duke is no fun...The administration wants us to study all the time...They're kicking off all the greeks...We want kegs, the Hideaway, unregulated bonfires....

With all the complaints polluting our ears, one begins to wonder: Are Duke students having any fun whatsoever?

Well, Recess was curious (or perverted) and decided to apply their skills in math and science to the masses of West Campus. We wanted to know what Duke students were doing (or not doing) behind closed doors. And we're not talking about drinking games - that's right, the horizontal mambo, the showcase showdown, SEX. Who's having? Who's not?

If USA Today can throw around statistics as much as Larry King remarries, why can't Recess? So, we resurrected the now defunct Statistics 101 survey. A statistics professor's nightmare, we traded in "perfect randomness" for that of "volume" and passed out about two-hundred surveys around campus haunts.

We asked the question: Are Duke students relieving their frustrations and maintaining a healthy sex life?

Here are the results - all in a nice, compact survey.

*Note, "greek" refers to those surveyed who reported belonging to either a greek organization or selective living group.

Share and discuss “On the Inside: Sex at Duke” on social media.