Ad-verse Reactions to Super Bowl

It seems the NFL and its sponsors just can't get on the same page. After countless lackluster gridiron match-ups made tolerable by clever advertisements interspersed, the tables have been turned. The underdogs triumphed as time expired, capping the first real non-yawner in years, and--wouldn't you know it--the commercials sucked. Remember these advertising mishaps?:

Pepsi--They reportedly shelled out $5.8 million for this 90-second snafu featuring Britney Spears, the undisputed queen of crap. Jiggling through generations past while singing that annoying Pepsi ditty, Spears proves she's "BAH-buh-BAH-buh-baaad" in any decade.

E*Trade--Enough with the monkeys already! The first one was funny--but now they're pushing their damn luck. We don't want to see another chimp unless he's getting caught in a bear trap.

AT&T--Can you say random? I still don't know what the hell an mLife is, but after seeing that lovely umbilical-cord cutting scene, I'm pretty sure I don't want one.

Blockbuster--Hearing a guinea pig yell "shake what your mama gave you" has never been so excruciating. A blatant attempt to recreate the appeal of the Budweiser frogs (and later the Bud lizards), Blockbuster fails miserably with their rabbit and rodent cage-mates. Like they wouldn't be trying to hump each other non-stop....

The White House--They get the booby prize of the night for their ads linking drug use with terrorist support. The Taliban Mastercard theme was outrageous and insensitive. And did you notice the box cutters? Bad form, fellas... bad form.

Share and discuss “Ad-verse Reactions to Super Bowl” on social media.