Break It Down

inally, New York accents and black pants aren't the only representatives of urban life on campus. This Monday, Break! The Urban Funk Spectacular, is coming to the Triangle to show us what New York really has to offer.

The talented group does more than just breakdance. With unique choreography and anatomy-defying moves, Break! takes traditional street dance and pumps it up to an entirely new dimension.

The show incorporates the nation's top stars of freestyle tapping, power tumbling and break dancing. On the cutting edge of dance, Break's artists have performed with the likes of Puff Daddy, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston and Luther Vandross. Break's range of movement, precision and synchronicity make it an amazing show.

Break's performers have such rhythmic accuracy that they all seem to move as one. From head spinning to miming, each scene is astounding. The dancers' energy radiates through the audience, mimicking the energy of the club experience-but with far more technical skill. The dance moves themselves surpass classical training, with a cappella hoofing, shoulder and back spins to electrify the audience.

Break's music is just as sensational as the movement. As limbs bend and bounce in inconceivable positions, the ingenious DJ Slinky echoes the show's visual wonder with his outrageous spinning. The fast and funky soundtrack, combined with the agility and raw physical strength of the troupe, propels the show to the level of breathtaking adventure.

Along with their music video work, members of Break! have performed on five continents and have been featured in many of today's music videos. Seeing their head spins and the robotic popping and locking is hard enough to believe on MTV. Live, the experience is absolutely incredible.

Share and discuss “Break It Down” on social media.