Former Duke men's basketball center Chase Jeter to transfer to Arizona

<p>Chase Jeter will join the reigning Pac-12 regular-season and tournament champions at Arizona next year.</p>

Chase Jeter will join the reigning Pac-12 regular-season and tournament champions at Arizona next year.

For the second straight offseason, a Blue Devil is headed to the Pac-12.

After two seasons in Durham, former Duke forward Chase Jeter announced via Instagram Tuesday evening that he will transfer to Arizona to play for head coach Sean Miller and the Wildcats. The former five-star prospect announced March 23 he would depart from the Blue Devil program, and he will now land close to his hometown of Las Vegas, joining the reigning Pac-12 regular-season and tournament champions.

I'm heading to Tucson... #BearDown ⬇️

A post shared by Chase Jeter (@yhase_) on

Jeter could never find a spot in the Duke frontcourt despite high expectations. The 6-foot-10 forward did not appear in a game after Jan. 14, and in his Blue Devil career, he averaged just 10.3 minutes and 2.1 points per game.

In Tuscon, Jeter—who has two years of eligibility remaining—will have to fill big shoes as Arizona is already looking to replace big man Lauri Markkanen, and the Wildcats could potentially lose as many as three more players to this year's NBA Draft. And after Jeter sits out his first season at Arizona due to NCAA transfer rules, Arizona will be without another two frontcourt pieces due to graduation next year.

Duke, on the other hand, still has pieces of its own puzzle to solve down low. The Blue Devils return sophomores Marques Bolden and Javin DeLaurier as well as junior Antonio Vrankovic and will add a crucial piece with No. 4 prospect Wendell Carter.

Share and discuss “Former Duke men's basketball center Chase Jeter to transfer to Arizona” on social media.