Former Duke football quarterback Thomas Sirk announces he will transfer to East Carolina

Sirk decided to transfer in late February

<p>Sirk will reunite with former offensive coordinator Scottie Montgomery.&nbsp;</p>

Sirk will reunite with former offensive coordinator Scottie Montgomery. 

When Thomas Sirk announced his decision to transfer in late February as a graduate student who will be immediately eligible to play, one of the most likely destinations was East Carolina.

The Pirates are led by former Duke offensive coordinator Scottie Montgomery, who employed the system that let Sirk account for more than 3,400 total yards and lead the Blue Devils to an 8-5 record and Pinstripe Bowl victory in 2015.

And after weighing his options, Sirk has decided reuniting with Montgomery is the best course of action. The 6-foot-4 dual-threat quarterback announced his transfer destination on Twitter Friday afternoon, and he will now look to help East Carolina bounce back from a 3-9 campaign.

Sirk should have a chance to compete for the starting job right away, as the Pirates have to replace quarterback Philip Nelson and star wide receiver Zay Jones as they look to rebound from a disappointing season in Montgomery's first year at the helm. 

Share and discuss “Former Duke football quarterback Thomas Sirk announces he will transfer to East Carolina” on social media.