Duke Environmental Alliance endorses Doytchinov for EVP

Environmental Alliance endorses Nikolai Doytchinov for DSG executive vice president. We would like to commend Tre’ Scott* for his widespread involvement on campus and dedication to communication with students. However, we believe Doytchinov has the experience, ideas and focus important for the EVP position. His experience as the vice president of academic affairs and his past collaborations with other DSG members, administration and more, contribute to his capabilities as an EVP who will facilitate both internal and external communication and efficiency. In addition, Doytchinov is well-equipped for fulfilling his commitment to improving transparency on our campus. We were impressed by the clarity of his plans of action to achieve this goal, among many others, and are confident he will be a strong student voice for more responsible investment by the University. Finally, we were excited to hear his ideas on reducing Duke’s carbon footprint, including facilitating public transportation for students and advocating for more local and organic foods and composting facilities at our eateries. We believe Doytchinov is a candidate who offers an enthusiastic and balanced approach to the many interests of our diverse student body, and Environmental Alliance supports him for the position of EVP.

We were not able to meet with both presidential candidates and therefore are unable to make an official endorsement for this position.

Jina Kim, Trinity ’13

President, Environmental Alliance

Editor’s Note: Tre’ Scott has dropped out of the DSG executive vice president election. Endorsement letters submitted before this update have been left in their original form.

Share and discuss “Duke Environmental Alliance endorses Doytchinov for EVP” on social media.