Duke women's basketball 2022-23 player preview: Emma Schmidt

Emma Schmidt debuted for Duke in its 78-35 rout of Charleston Southern last season.

As the college basketball season looms, it's finally time for the Blue Zone to preview the 2022-23 Duke women's basketball roster. We previously looked at Bo Shaffer. Next up is Emma Schmidt:

Emma Schmidt

Year: Graduate student

Height: 5-foot-9

Position: Guard

Last year’s statline: 0 PPG, 0 RPG, 1 GP

Game breakdown: Schmidt is somewhat of a stranger in competition for Duke, playing only one minute during the 2021-22 season in a 78-35 win against Charleston Southern. The second-year graduate student walked onto the squad last year after playing her senior season as a first-time walk-on at TCU. Schmidt only saw five games of action as a Horned Frog for a total seven minutes played. In her sole season in Fort Worth, Texas, she registered three total rebounds and earned Academic All-Big 12 First Team honors. 

Role on the team: Her role will likely be a supportive one from the bench, providing encouragement and positivity to her fellow Blue Devils as an academic walk-on.

Projected stats: 0 PPG, 0 RPG, 0 MPG

Mackenzie Sheehy profile
Mackenzie Sheehy | Blue Zone editor

Mackenzie Sheehy is a Trinity sophomore and Blue Zone editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke women's basketball 2022-23 player preview: Emma Schmidt” on social media.