Cassius Stanley breaks Zion Williamson's Duke men's basketball vertical leap record

Zion Williamson was one of the most explosive players college basketball has ever seen, though it didn't take long for Duke to recruit someone who could potentially match his athleticism

Zion Williamson's Duke vertical leap record is no more.

The Blue Devils' official Twitter account released a video Wednesday afternoon showing freshman guard Cassius Stanley's max vertical leap, with the caption "MAX VERT RECORD."

This comes just over one year after Williamson set the same record in the summer leading up to the 2018-19 season.

Rogers Sportsnet's Michael Grange reported last year that head coach Mike Krzyzewski was on the record saying Williamson had reached 45 inches, meaning Stanley would have likely hit 46 or above to break the record. 

Duke did not release Williamson's or Stanley's exact vertical leap numbers, however, with Director of Sports Information Mike DeGeorge confirming in an email to The Chronicle that they "don't give out any of [their] combine results." 

Stanley comes to Durham as the 32nd-ranked player in the Class of 2019 according to ESPN and sixth-ranked shooting guard. The Los Angeles native has long been heralded as one the most athletic players in his class with the potential to be one of the best dunkers in college basketball, traits only validated by this most recent jump.

Share and discuss “Cassius Stanley breaks Zion Williamson's Duke men's basketball vertical leap record” on social media.