Jewish Student Union endorses Luke Farrell for Young Trustee

It is with optimism for Duke’s future that the Jewish Student Union endorses Luke Farrell for Young Trustee. Luke’s commitment to elevating student voices, passion for leaving Duke a better place than he found it, and dedication to building relationships earned him our enthusiastic endorsement. This particularly resonates with us because we believe that personal relationships are critical to building community. JSU’s core mission is to create a welcoming, supportive, and strong community for Jewish students on campus. We believe Luke’s vision, experience, willingness to stand up for students, and commitment to accessibility will serve our community and the greater Duke community well. 

We were impressed by all four candidates and the genuine love for the University each demonstrated through their experiences and visions. We appreciate Trey’s dedication to board transparency and the work he has already done to improve the hate and bias response, we fully support Archana’s commitment to increasing diversity and empowerment among historically underrepresented groups, and we value Brian’s community-oriented approach to creating change. 

Ultimately, the Jewish Student Union chose to endorse Luke because he laid out a vision of integrity, accessibility and community. We particularly value his plans to ensure students across campus are represented and heard in the boardroom. Luke is passionate, articulate and determined, and we believe his strong track record of advocacy and community-building will serve our community well on the Board. 

Signed, 

Rachel Berlowe Binder, T’19, JSU President, on behalf of the 2018-2019 JSU Executive Board

Sarah Beckmen (T’19) recused herself from this endorsement.   

Share and discuss “Jewish Student Union endorses Luke Farrell for Young Trustee” on social media.