Duke has 5 national championships, and finally is featured in its own Lego Mural

<p>A new Lego mural at ESPN's studios features its "College Gameday" crew in front of the student section at Cameron Indoor Stadium.</p>

A new Lego mural at ESPN's studios features its "College Gameday" crew in front of the student section at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

"College Gameday" is a building block for college basketball fans—both literally and figuratively.

ESPN has made a mural entirely out of Lego blocks—207,360 of them in fact—of commentators Rece Davis, Seth Greenberg and former Blue Devils Jay Bilas and Jay Williams on the show at Cameron Indoor Stadium. It took 240 hours to complete, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Duke has hosted the show a record seven times at Cameron and has played in a game that the show has featured 14 times, the second-most all-time. 

The Blue Devils now have a consolation for the fact that they were bounced in the NCAA tournament's Round of 32 and saw their arch rival North Carolina win the national championship—Duke is the only program to have a Lego mural of two of its alumni at ESPN's studios.

Ben Leonard profile
Ben Leonard

Managing Editor 2018-19, 2019-2020 Features & Investigations Editor 

A member of the class of 2020 hailing from San Mateo, Calif., Ben is The Chronicle's Towerview Editor and Investigations Editor. Outside of the Chronicle, he is a public policy major working towards a journalism certificate, has interned at the Tampa Bay Times and NBC News and frequents Pitchforks. 

Share and discuss “Duke has 5 national championships, and finally is featured in its own Lego Mural” on social media.