Duke's Amile Jefferson opens up to ESPNU's Little Experts

<p>Amile Jefferson sat down with a group of young children&nbsp;for an ESPN segment Wednesday.</p>

Amile Jefferson sat down with a group of young children for an ESPN segment Wednesday.

After breaking his right foot a year ago, graduate student Amile Jefferson has been a key contributor for the Blue Devils early this season, especially with Duke facing a number of injuries in the frontcourt.

But playing as the Blue Devils’ only post player against a talented Rhode Island squad was far from the biggest challenge for Jefferson this week.

The big man faced a more light-hearted battle when talking to ESPNU’s Little Experts before Duke’s game Wednesday against William & Mary. The forward covered a number of topics with a group of toddlers, including his size, how to rebound and even a few things that get him in head coach Mike Krzyzewski’s doghouse.

Jefferson began with a brief description of what has allowed him to tower over the trio of kids. Although the answer of vegetables was far from what the Little Experts hoped for, Jefferson’s stature at 6-foot-9 continued to amaze the little ones.

When asked if Krzyzewski puts him in timeout, Jefferson focused on rebounding—something the Blue Devils struggled to do all of last season without the big man. Although the kids were impressed by Jefferson’s rebounding demonstration and the forward’s answer was certainly candid, there doesn’t seem much that can land the big man in “timeout” at this time.

The graduate student has proven irreplaceable with double-doubles in wins against Penn State, the Rams and the Tribe, and Duke simply lacks the players to take Jefferson out of the game for an extended period of time.

The graduate student ended the segment with another chance to display his dance moves. Of course, Jefferson’s dance was far different from what fans saw earlier this year at Countdown to Craziness.

Jefferson and the rest of the Blue Devils will play another nonconference contest against Appalachian State Saturday before taking on Michigan State in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge Tuesday. 

Share and discuss “Duke's Amile Jefferson opens up to ESPNU's Little Experts” on social media.