Duke football receives Pinstripe Bowl rings

Before the Blue Devils take the field for Saturday's Spring Showcase to fully turn their focus to next season, they enjoyed receiving a memento of last year's success.

The team received its New Era Pinstripe Bowl rings from last December's overtime victory against Indiana Thursday, commemorating Duke's first bowl win since 1961. The rings feature the Blue Devils' logo above the Hoosiers' logo on one side and are personalized to include the recipient's name over an engraving of Yankee Stadium on the other side.

Many staff members like defensive backs coach Derek Jones took to Twitter to show off their new jewelry, and the rings even made their way to at least one of last season's graduating seniors—All-ACC center Matt Skura.

Duke's most experienced players are the most decorated in program history with a program-record four straight bowl appearances. 

Redshirt seniors like cornerback DeVon Edwards have a rare opportunity to receive five bowl rings during their college careers, with defensive coordinator Jim Knowles referencing the "one for the thumb" mantra that accompanied the Blue Devils during their run to a fifth men's basketball championship in 2015.

Share and discuss “Duke football receives Pinstripe Bowl rings” on social media.