Juwan Thompson scores first NFL touchdown in Broncos win

Juwan Thompson didn't get any touches in his first three games as an NFL running back. So when given the opportunity to pick up a few carries late in Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals, the former Duke tailback made the most of it.

The Broncos running back put the exclamation point on the Broncos' 41-20 victory with an eight-yard scamper in the fourth quarter Sunday afternoon. Thompson finished the day with three carries for 15 yards and the score, getting a chance to earn some carries with the Broncos comfortably ahead and starter Montee Ball out for the game with a groin injury.

You can see the video of Thompson's touchdown run here.

A versatile senior on last season's Coastal Division championship squad, Thompson shared the backfield with Shaquille Powell, Jela Duncan and Josh Snead, picking up 355 yards on 64 carries. He also was a standout special teams performer and even started at linebacker for the Blue Devils against Virginia Tech.

He went undrafted but was invited to training camp with Denver, where he impressed enough to earn a roster spot. Thompson had the opportunity to work out with Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning when he visited campus earlier this year to work out with Duke head coach David Cutcliffe.

Share and discuss “Juwan Thompson scores first NFL touchdown in Broncos win” on social media.