Touted big man Chase Jeter picks Duke, joins Kennard in class of 2015

Duke’s 2015 recruiting class doubled in size and talent Monday night with the addition of big man Chase Jeter.

Jeter announced his decision to become a Blue Devil following ESPNU’s presentation of the Adidas Nationals third place game.

Twitter Tweet

The Las Vegas native ranks among the top players in the class, as he is slotted at No. 8 by Rivals, No. 9 by Scout, No. 10 by 247Sports and No. 13 by ESPN.

The skilled center was also considering Arizona, UNLV and UCLA as possible landing spots. But the Blue Devil staff's constant presence at Jeter's contests throughout the past month pushed him over the edge in his decision to attend Duke.

He will join fellow 2015 commit Luke Kennard as the two lone Blue Devils in the class at this point in the recruiting process. Kennard and several players from the class of 2014 took to twitter to congratulate their newest future teammate.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

With Jeter now committed, the fellow big men in the class will likely also begin to make their decisions, as Duke is in play for several other frontcourt players. The next target for the Blue Devils will be Brandon Ingram, who is set to visit Durham for his official visit this weekend, Aug. 7-9.

Jeter’s Team Howard defeated Team Europe 52-46 in the third place contest, as he had 14 points, 16 rebounds and four blocks and was the game's MVP. The lengthy anchor down low recorded three blocks on one possession late in the game.

We will break down what Jeter's commitment means for the recruitment of other Blue Devil targets and the future of Duke basketball in the coming days on twitter and the Blue Zone.

Share and discuss “Touted big man Chase Jeter picks Duke, joins Kennard in class of 2015” on social media.