Reports: Seth Curry to sign with Memphis Grizzlies

After impressing in the D-League, Seth Curry is set to sign with the Memphis Grizzlies. Curry was the only of Duke's three seniors from its 2012-13 squad to go undrafted after he was hampered by leg injuries throughout his final season with the Blue Devils. Curry is the younger brother of Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry and the son of former NBA player Dell Curry.

Twitter Tweet

According to the Grizzlies beat writer for the Commercial Appeal, Curry will be in Memphis on Monday to sign his new deal.

Twitter Tweet

Congratulations have been circling the Twittersphere for Curry, including one from Duke associate head coach Jeff Capel.

Twitter Tweet

Generic Script

Curry went to a tryout with the Grizzlies earlier this season, competing against the likes of Kendall Marshall, Reggie Williams and Darius Morris. Marshall had inked a deal this week with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Curry is the second player signed out of the D-League by the Grizzlies this week, as the team signed forward James Johnson last Monday. Curry was 10th in the D-League with 21.3 points per game and fourth with 7.8 assists per contest.

With Quincy Pondexter out for the season, Tayshaun Prince banged up, Mike Miller a perpetual injury risk, and a lack of confidence in third-string point guard Nick Cathales, bringing in depth in the form of Curry was important for the Grizzlies.

Share and discuss “Reports: Seth Curry to sign with Memphis Grizzlies” on social media.