HALFTIME: Duke 37, UCLA 37

No. 8 Duke, in its third game at Madison Square Garden this season, had to fight to stay with UCLA in the first half. The Bruins, after a very slow start, caught fire from downtown, putting in points in a hurry to make up a double-digit deficit. Kyle Anderson was just as advertised for UCLA, scoring seven points to go with five assists and six rebounds in the first half to lead the Bruins. Duke was led by Jabari Parker's 11 points.

• The Blue Devils racked up five assists on their first six field goals of the game.
  • Quinn Cook, who stands at 6-foot-2, spent most of the game guarding Kyle Anderson, who towers over Cook at 6-foot-9.
  • At the under-12 media timeout, UCLA was shooting just 25 percent from the floor. They ended the half shooting 43.8 percent.
  • Duke was crashing the offensive glass early and often, with four offensive rebounds and competing for a number of other boards.
  • Cook tossed up a pretty alley-oop to Parker that broke 7-0 UCLA run with 10:32 left in the first half.
  • Rodney Hood picked up his second foul with 9:31 left in the half. He had to play the rest of the half with the worry of falling further into foul trouble.
  • Duke went to the big rotation it used against Gardner-Webb in its previous game, as 10 players saw the court in the first 20 minutes of action.
  • Rasheed Sulaimon scored his first points of December with a 3-pointer midway through the half.
  • Bryce Alford gave UCLA its first lead since the start of the game with a 3-pointer at the 7:54-mark. Zach LaVine's thunderous dunk in transition stretched the Bruins' lead to 26-23 and forced Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski to call his first timeout.
  • UCLA went on a 3-point binge after the midway point of the first half, ending the period shooting 54.5 percent from beyond the arc.

Share and discuss “HALFTIME: Duke 37, UCLA 37” on social media.