Jabari Parker shines as McDonald's All-American festivities begin

The 2012-13 season is complete, but as the saying goes, "Duke basketball never stops."

Two members of Duke's 2013 recruiting class—Jabari Parker and Matt Jones—are set to compete in the 2013 McDonald's All-American Game in Chicago this week.

Here is the full breakdown of the game's roster.

Players arrived in the Windy City on Sunday, and practice began Monday morning.

Parker—the No. 2 overall player in the class of 2013—and Jones—the No. 5 shooting guard in the class, per ESPN—will play together on the West team.

Fresh off leading Simeon to a fourth-straight state title, Parker—a versatile and super skilled 6-foot-8 forward—drew considerable praise for his performance today during practice in his hometown of Chicago.

Here are some notable tweets about Parker during today's practice, which took place in front of a handful of NBA scouts:

In a post-practice article by Michael O'Brien of the Chicago Sun Times, West coach Mike Flaherty said: "Jabari is the most complete player on my team...You look at all the other kids and you see there is one area where they are going to have to improve."

Parker also touched on his role at Duke next year:

Here is a picture of Parker and Jones together following today's practice:

Parker is expected to compete in Monday night's dunk contest along with Andrew Wiggins and Aaron Gordon, among others. Coverage begins at 9 pm EST on ESPNU.

The game will take place Wednesday night at the United Center. Tipoff is set for 9:30 pm EST on ESPN.

Wing Semi Ojeleye, who is Duke's third member of the 2013 recruiting class, did not receive an invite to play in the event, though, many feel that he was very worth of doing so.

Share and discuss “Jabari Parker shines as McDonald's All-American festivities begin” on social media.