Semi Ojeleye to unofficially visit Duke

The Duke coaches will host their first recruit of the offseason when Semi Ojeleye of Ottawa, Kansas makes the trip to Durham for an unofficial visit on May 31. Ojeleye, who is scout.com’s 30th ranked player overall in the class of 2013, does not hold a scholarship offer from the Blue Devil coaching staff yet, but the powerful 6-foot-6 wing could very well receive a scholarship offer while he is on campus.

In past several weeks, Ojeleye has seen his stock rise considerably while playing on the AAU circuit with his team MoKan. The Duke coaching staff has attentively tracked Ojeleye through the spring. Besides the Blue Devils, Arizona, Stanford, UCLA, Wisconsin, Oregon, Indiana, Kansas, Kansas State, Marquette, Missouri and Illinois are all on Ojeleye’s list of prospective schools.

Last week, scout.com released their updated class of 2013 rankings. Jabari Parker, who will appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated next month, maintains the top spot, while fellow Duke target Julius Randle sits behind him at number two. Blue Devil commit, Matt Jones, slid from No. 19 overall to No. 23. Ojeleye jumped from No. 49 to No. 30 and fellow wing target Ishmail Wainright went from No. 36 to No. 33. Allerik Freeman, who has reportedly been underwhelming this spring on the AAU circuit, has seen his ranking drop considerably from No. 13 to No. 41. Duke big men targets Marcus Lee and Austin Nichols sit at No. 44 and No. 53 respectively. And Robert Hubbs, the most recently offered Blue Devil prospect, is ranked No. 77.

Look for Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood to visit Duke in the coming weeks. Duke, Florida State and Ohio State are thought to be some of the schools in the mix to land Hood, who will not be eligible to play until the 2013-14 season.

In other news, 2013 small forward Troy Williams was on the verge of making a college decision between Kentucky and North Carolina, but decided to delay the announcement. Now, the 6-foot-7 small forward has opened up his recruitment by adding South Carolina, Florida, Georgetown and Louisville to his recruitment along with keeping Kentucky and North Carolina on his list.

Analysis: The recent turn of events may suggest that Kentucky and North Carolina are not as high on Williams as they were earlier and their interest may be fading as other wings in the class make a splash on the AAU circuit. Also, the Williams situation could indicate that Kentucky is more of a player than some thought to land Jabari Parker, who plays the same position as Parker. Furthermore, Sports Illustrated's article, which will run in print next month, revealed Wildcat head coach John Calipari’s seemingly good relationship with Jabari's father, Sonny Parker, and Calipari's strong desire to coach Jabari in college.

Meanwhile, North Carolina might be looking for a 2013 wing that is more of a threat from 3-point range, especially since Williams' game may overlap with rising freshman J.P. Tokoto as both are known for their athleticism, defense and slashing ability.

Share and discuss “Semi Ojeleye to unofficially visit Duke” on social media.