Seeking clarification of ‘Exhibit depicts refugees’ concerns’

I am Prakash Nayak from India, a fellow in Master of International Development Policy in Sanford School. I have strong observation about an article published in The Chronicle on March 22 titled “Exhibit depicts refugees’ concerns.” The piece says that “Tibetan settler are being treated as threat or drain to Indian economy and looked down upon by others” is a complete misleading fact about status of Tibetan population in India. I come from one of the eastern state of India, where thousands of Tibetans have been settled by Indian government. I can strongly say that they and their social and economic condition is not below par. I would rather say that they are even more developed in comparison to an average Indian.

I submit my strong protest to the view of the writer of the article and strongly demand that the writer take back the words. I am also sure Mr. Norbu must not have given such a derogatory remark. I can only say people should see Mr. Norbu and can infer the way Indian government’s policy toward refugees in India. He is as qualified and economically independent as an average American. Hence, how can the writer say that refugees in India are treated as threats and looked down on. I urge your kind attention to at least publish a clarification on the article.

Many thanks

Prakash Nayak

Share and discuss “Seeking clarification of ‘Exhibit depicts refugees’ concerns’” on social media.