Environmental Alliance endorses Wilson for Young Trustee

Environmental Alliance is proud to endorse Olly Wilson for Young Trustee. After meeting with all three candidates, we feel that Olly is best suited to represent the sentiments of the undergraduate environmental community.

As former president of Blue Devils United, chair of the Duke Council for Collaborative Action and co-founder of Duke Activist Mentoring Network, Olly has demonstrated a passionate commitment to activism on campus. Olly also exhibits a clear dedication to sustainability and environmental issues at large through his decisions to pursue an environmental science and policy major while at Duke and to work with McKinsey & Company’s environmental sustainability practice afterwards.

As Duke’s largest undergraduate environmental organization, Environmental Alliance is committed to environmental activism and advocacy. Olly’s depth of knowledge of environmental issues, dedication to environmental sustainability and social activism, professional experience with McKinsey, and vast on-campus leadership experience provide him not only with a solid understanding of environmental issues, particularly as they pertain to Duke’s immediate and long-term sustainability goals, but also with the tools necessary to represent the undergraduate environmental voice in the Board room.

We would also like to commend Kaveh Danesh for his experience working with the Board of Trustees, engagement with the student body, enthusiasm for a more sustainable campus culture and obvious dedication to Duke’s academic experience, including the addition of an environmental component to Duke’s graduation requirements. However, we feel that Olly has demonstrated an unmatched determination and ability to contribute to the Duke community through a balanced consideration of Duke’s core values.

Olly is a passionate, accomplished and dedicated candidate, and Environmental Alliance enthusiastically supports him for the position of Young Trustee.

Jina Kim, Trinity ’13 and Jessye Waxman, Trinity ’14

Co-Presidents, Duke Environmental Alliance

Share and discuss “Environmental Alliance endorses Wilson for Young Trustee” on social media.