DevilWatch: "It was for medical purposes"

A report of possession of marijuana and and drug paraphernalia in Duke Hospital North was "exceptionally cleared" by the Duke University Police Department last Wednesday afternoon—maybe it was for medical purposes?

Generic Script

Although DUPD seems to have forgotten to report the crimes from the week of Oct. 3 to Oct. 9, they have just reported 24 crimes during the week of Oct. 10 to Oct. 16.

Bicycles were a hot commodity last week with four stolen bicycles from Lilly Library, the Social Sciences building, Southgate and Gilbert Addoms.

Other thefts this week included a Blackberry phone, two cell phones, game console, license plate, mints, stamps, TV, video console and volt meter.

Friday and Saturday night were apparently big party nights, with underage consumption reported from Shooter's, East campus bus stop, West campus bus stop, Wannamaker fire lane and twice from Alexander St.

Other reported crimes include assault of a law enforcement officer in the Williams Ward, injury to personal property in Duke Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant and two counts of breaking and entering on Alexander St. and Swift Ave.

The only arrest this week was for one count of possession of Marijuana in "Parking Garage 2."

BY THE NUMBERS

Total crimes: 24

Crimes after sun down: 14

Thefts: 13

Weekend crimes: 10

Underage consumption: 6

Stolen bicycles: 4

Share and discuss “DevilWatch: "It was for medical purposes"” on social media.