LIVE BLOG: Countdown to Craziness

18-8 Blue, 7:43 remaining in second half: An update on Seth Curry, who got hit in the nose before the half and left the game: We hear he had to get eight stitches, and he hasn't reappeared yet.

A few players have switched teams, with Irving and Mason Plumlee moving to Blue, and Dawkins and Kelly moving to White. A minute ago, Miles Plumlee went for an aggressive block on his brother Mason who was driving to the hoop. Mason went crashing into a cameraman, who was left to pick up all his assorted camera parts after Mason picked himself up. Just a little love for the little brother.

Halftime: Quote of the night from head coach Mike Krzyzewski: "You have to have humility but you've got to have a little arrogance, too."

26-20 White, end of first half: Blue pulled to within four, led by some nice moves on offense from the sophomore Kelly, but too many turnovers doomed the bench team. Tyler Thornton looked solid defensively, but fellow freshman Hairston struggled with his shot and seemed uncomfortable against the long arms of the Plumlee brothers.

21-10 White, 3:33 remaining first half: On the White Squad are the projected starters for this year's team--Irving, Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler, and Miles and Mason Plumlee, coached by Chris Collins. For the Blue Squad--Thornton, Andre Dawkins, Seth Curry, Josh Hairston, and Ryan Kelly. Irving looks to be in his element so far, opening the game with a layup and connecting with his teammates on several more plays. A big beneficiary so far, Miles Plumlee has been on the receiving end of two alley-oops, from Irving and Smith respectively. However, it's been a sloppily-played game thus far, possibly an effect of head coach Mike Krzyzewski's intention to play at a faster pace this season.

And apologies for the delays, we've been having technical problems here on press row.

Introductions: The 2010-2011 Blue Devils are introduced, walking out from under a black curtain on the north side of the arena. Josh Hairston descended to Coach K Court as Montell Jordan's "This Is How We Do It" played on the stadium's speakers, and Kyrie Irving follows with "Teach Me How To Dougie." The fans are decidedly amped up to see freshman point guard Kyrie Irving play, but the highlight of the introductions was undoubtedly Miles Plumlee's unexpected antics--he reached the court, proceeding to jump on a unicycle and make a round before hopping off.

Introductions: Welcome to The Chronicle's first live blog of the basketball season! Duke is kicking off its season with the second annual Countdown 2 Craziness, including the player introductions, national championship banner ceremony, and the Blue-White Scrimmage.

The evening starts off with the unveiling of the 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship banner in the rafters of Cameron Indoor Stadium. Last year's team is on the court, with the notable exception of center Brian Zoubek, to be presented with their championship rings.

Generic Script

But as the video on the megatron reminds us, "that was last year," and this is a new season. Stay tuned for more as the evening unfolds.

Share and discuss “LIVE BLOG: Countdown to Craziness” on social media.