Duke Partnership for Service endorses Lefevre

The Duke Partnership for Service was impressed by all three of the presidential candidates, and believes that each would promote opportunities for increased collaboration between DSG and dPS.  

Mike Lefevre has an innovative spirit and eagerness to represent the student perspective. He also has an extensive vision for taking the service culture at Duke to the next level, and we appreciate his emphasis on cooperation among various student organizations to achieve that vision. Will Passo has a unique perspective on community engagement at Duke, and as the current DSG vice president for Durham and regional affairs, he also has the experience working with these issues. His engaging personality and experience working on service-related projects makes him a promising advocate for dPS in student government. Gregory Morrison’s focus on strategic planning aligns closely with our organization’s aims of creating lasting change in social action at the University.

Despite the strengths of all three candidates, dPS has chosen to endorse Lefevre for president. Lefevre has great respect for the student perspective and has made clear his priority to work with existing organizations to improve the student experience. His tangible ideas are creative, realistic and closely aligned with our values of community, engagement and innovation.

dPS also interviewed the candidates for the executive vice president, but decided not to make an official endorsement for the position. dPS has as its mission to promote a culture of community engagement on campus. The executive vice president’s role is primarily managerial and not fundamentally involved in maintaining such culture on campus. We therefore feel that it would be inappropriate for dPS to make an official endorsement for this position.

Becky Agostino

President, Duke Partnership for Service

Trinity ’11

Share and discuss “Duke Partnership for Service endorses Lefevre” on social media.