Details for Burnham show finalized

Duke Students will not have to go to YouTube or iTunes to get their Bo Burnham fix Dec. 3.

At Duke University Union’s general body meeting Tuesday night, members finalized the details of Burnham’s upcoming show scheduled for 8 p.m. in Page Auditorium the last Thursday of classes this semester.

“It’s reserved seating, so people should buy their tickets early,” said Vice President of Communications Karen Chen, a junior.

Student tickets are $5 and went on sale Monday. Tickets are $10 for non-Duke students and $15 for the general public.

Burnham is a popular YouTube comedian and song writer who is the youngest comedian to appear on Comedy Central, Chen said.

The body also held a committee information session for its new members. Each of the 15 committee heads reviewed the history of his or her committee and its function.

In other business:

Jazz at the Mary Lou will be moving its weekly show to the Duke Coffeehouse, said Jazz Director Camille Creed, a junior. The regular Wednesday night show will only be moved to East Campus for the Nov. 18 event. The featured performer will be the Trachy/Lacy Collective, which includes Russell Lacy, one of the founding members of the John Brown Quintet and a North Carolina native.

Chen said DUU decided to move the show because the Jazz committee hopes to expand its venue and identity on campus.

The Coffeehouse will also host an open jam session Saturday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for bands on campus to showcase their music. The event will be hosted by Small Town Records.

The Campus Concert Series will bring several rock bands to The Armadillo Grill Nov. 20. The show next Friday will feature the indie rock band Tenderhooks from Knoxville, Tenn., as well as the local rock duo Beloved Binge from Durham.

Share and discuss “Details for Burnham show finalized” on social media.