Durham Police seek suspect in armed home invasion

Two armed men broke into a home in the YE Smith neighborhood of Durham Saturday night.

The men held 11 people at gunpoint in the home, located in the 1100 block of S. Hoover Road, and assaulted several of them before fleeing with cash and other items, according to a Durham Police Department statement.

DPD is seeking Durham resident Christopher Keith Cook, 33, in connection with the incident. He is charged with first-degree burglary, assault inflicting serious injury, several counts of second-degree kidnapping and several counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, the statement said.

According to North Carolina Department of Corrections records, Cook has a lengthy criminal record stretching back to 1992. He was released from prison in January 2009 after serving an 8 year sentence for several drug-related felonies.

Generic Script

The second suspect has not yet been identified. He is described as a "light-complected black male in his late teens or early 20s with close-cut hair," by the statement.

DPD asks that anyone with information about either suspect call CrimeStoppers at (919)-683-1200 or DPD Investigator A.M. Cristaldi at 560-4450, ext. 255.

Share and discuss “Durham Police seek suspect in armed home invasion” on social media.