RECESS  |  CULTURE

2009 Grammy Wrap-Up

Hopefully you caught our LIVE BLOG of the 2009 Grammy Awards. We were right there during every awkward live performance (poor Stevie Wonder). To follow up, here are some links to see how the rest of the world is reacting:

• Stereogum has posted YouTube links to the best performances of the Grammy's here. You'll notice that every performer shows up twice. Also listed are the complete winners from the Grammy's (the show only managed to present ten awards in three and a half hours). Random winners: Al Gore for An Inconvenient Truth in the Best Spoken Word category (Cynthia Nixon is on there?); Weezer's "Pork and Beans" for Best Short Form Music Video; and George Carlin's It's Bad For Ya winning the Best Comedy Album.
  • Idolator has done some analysis on the ridiculous Grammy strategy of overloaded performances, showing the top Google Trends. We at the Playground take credit for the top story of the evening, clocking in twice at number one "chris brown arrested" and number nineteen "chris brown beats rihanna." I will miss those Doublemint ads.
  • Those watching at Newsweek were definitely not a fan of the show. Pop Vox proposes six quick fixes, including less hosts, less random duets, less history and no more giving the award to the people who are backstage.

Share and discuss “2009 Grammy Wrap-Up” on social media.