RECESS  |  CULTURE

Will paint for food: Durham Arts Council Call for Artists

When it rains, it pours. I'm on a blogging rampage. Anyway, eminent Bull City arts-boosting nonprofit the Durham Arts Council, along with the Durham Artists Guild, has issued their annual call for artists. They'll be accepting submissions for both solo and group shows through the end of January. Here are the detes:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 24, 2008

END DATE: January 31, 2009

CONTACT: Barclay McConnell, Manager of Artist Services, 919-560-2719, bmcconnell@durhamarts.org

DURHAM ARTS COUNCIL AND

THE DURHAM ART GUILD

ANNOUNCE THE ANNUAL

CALL FOR ARTISTS

APPLICATIONS DUE BY:

Saturday, January 31st at 9 pm

The Durham Arts Council and Durham Art Guild are currently accepting exhibit proposals for solo or group shows. All applications and support materials must be delivered to the Durham Arts Council by 9:00 PM on Saturday, January 31,2009.

For more information please contact Barclay McConnell at: bmcconnell@durhamarts.org or 919-560-2719.

This year, the Durham Arts Council celebrates 54 years of “Creating Community Through the Arts.” Durham Arts Council, Inc. is a private, not for profit, 501 c (3) organization that promotes excellence in and access to the creation, experience and active support of the arts for all the people of our community. DAC is one of the oldest arts councils in the United States, and one of the largest in North Carolina. DAC manages the historic Durham Arts Council building at 120 Morris Street, a public facility in downtown Durham that attracts over 290,000 visitors a year, and houses the offices of nine arts organizations, three galleries, two theatres, a community arts school, art production facilities, classrooms, event venues and rehearsal spaces. DAC’s year-round programs include grants and technical assistance for arts organizations and individual artists, art exhibitions, classes in the performing and visual arts, artist residencies in the public and private schools, arts and cultural planning, advocacy and fundraising and Durham Art Walk and CenterFest which are Durham’s annual street arts festival. Through the DAC Annual Arts Fund, Dinners a l’Art, grants, and earned income, DAC raises nearly $2 million each year to provide programs and services and support the arts in Durham. For more information visit Durham Arts Council.

Share and discuss “Will paint for food: Durham Arts Council Call for Artists” on social media.