Despite their recent reinstatements to the University, Reade Seligmann and Collin Finnerty are evaluating several possibilities for their future academic and athletic careers.
Men's lacrosse head coach John Danowski confirmed Wednesday that both Seligmann and Finnerty were looking at other schools.
"I think they're exploring options, and we're supportive of that," Danowski said. "As we've said, we'd love to have them back."
Danowski said he had been working with Collin Finnerty's father, Kevin Finnerty, in evaluating other programs.
"We understand their situation and support them in whichever direction they take," Danowski said. "We hope it's back with us, but we certainly are supportive of whatever happens."
Brown University's campus newspaper, The Brown Daily Herald, first reported Wednesday that Brown was recruiting Seligmann and that Seligmann had expressed interest in playing there.
"I can confirm that, and unfortunately by NCAA rules that's all I can do," said Lars Tiffany, Brown's men's lacrosse head coach.
When President Richard Brodhead offered Seligmann and Finnerty the opportunity to return in January, members of the current Duke team expressed hope that their former teammates would choose to join them.
At the time, both Seligmann and Finnerty's families said they were pleased with Duke's decision to allow Reade and Collin's return to the University, but both remained noncommittal in their future plans.
Kevin Finnerty said his son would not make up his mind until the case was resolved, and Seligmann's family released a statement that did not offer insight on Reade's plans.
Efforts to reach Seligmann and Finnerty's attorneys, as well as other Division I men's lacrosse coaches were unsuccessful Wednesday.
Get The Chronicle straight to your inbox
Signup for our weekly newsletter. Cancel at any time.