Blue Devils fall in final regular season match

The men's and women's swimming and diving teams were unable to end the regular season with a win, losing to Clemson Saturday at McHugh Natatorium. The Duke men fell 170-121, and the women lost 174-126.

Senior Jackie Rodriguez snagged first in the 100-meter and 200-meter breaststroke while freshman Meredith Bannon followed with second place in the 100 breaststroke. Freshmen Shannon Beall and Elizabeth Bellew nabbed first and second places in the 200 butterfly, respectively. Beall also tucked away first place in the 100 butterfly.

Junior Danielle Spearman put away a win in the 200 backstroke while freshman Julie Brummond touched first on the one-meter dive.

The lady Blue Devils finished the regular season at 5-4 (1-4 in the ACC).

As for the men, senior Kevin Arthofer recorded victories in the 100 and 200 breaststroke, and freshman Eric Winnard touched first on the one-meter board. The men ended their regular season at 4-5, 1-4 in conference play.

Duke is headed for the ACC Championships at North Carolina's Maurice Jay Koury Natatorium. The women's championships will be held Feb. 14-17, and the men will follow up Feb. 21-24. Duke will host the ACC Diving Championships at Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion Feb. 17.

Share and discuss “Blue Devils fall in final regular season match” on social media.