Recess top 5

Television editor Theresa Chiu expounds on recess' favorite Sweeps Week gimmicks...

5.Twins (Feb. 24, WB): In his first appearance on the small screen since his split with Jessica (excluding E! gossip reports), Nick Lachey will guest star on the WB sitcom Twins as an ex-model who struggles to be taken seriously in his post-modeling career as a marketing director. Not to be mistaken for his real-life struggle to be taken seriously-at all.

1. 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Torino, Italy (Feb. 10-26, NBC): NBC and its affiliates promise to air an unprecedented 416 hours of athletes doing really impressive things in really cold places. Finally some true talent! One can only take so much Skating with Celebrities.

2. Arrested Development (Feb. 10, FOX): Despite early talk about other networks swooping in to save the ratings-starved critical favorite from termination, AD will bid adieu when Fox airs the final four episodes in a block. With American Idol's favorite loser William Hung slated to guest star, fans can at least rest assured that the show will go out with a bang.

3. Grey's Anatomy (Feb. 12, ABC): No one had even heard of "Code Black" before the heavily advertised post-Super Bowl episode entitled "It's the End of the World," but we are now all aware it's TV network speak for a slew of the most ridiculous, sensationalist plotlines this sweeps season. Tune in to the second part of the Code Black craze entitled "As We Know It" to see which of our favorite doctors at Seattle Grace survives the bomb threat that is housed in a patient's body and that Meredith is holding stable with her hand inside the guy's chest. (P.S. ABC is re-running Part 1 tonight at 9:30 p.m.)

4. Dr. Phil Primetime Special: Love Smart (Feb. 14, CBS): Oprah's homeboy Dr. Phil tries to help everybody's favorite American Idol judge Paula Abdul find true love. Enough said.

Share and discuss “Recess top 5” on social media.