PiKA junior named to IFC presidency

Trinity junior Lex Wolf plans to lead fraternities through changes in University policy and social climate as the new Interfraternity Council president.

Last year's IFC chair for public relations and publications, Wolf was voted into the position at the end of the fall semester by fraternity presidents.

Wolf said his primary goal is to improve communication between the administration and the IFC, the governing body for greek males.

"Especially with such issues as housing and alcohol coming to a head, we have to try to constantly be on the same page with the administration," he said.

Wolf, a member of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, said he is pleased that last year's IFC was able to convey its ideas to the trustees and have its opinions included in residential decisions made in December.

"The trustees reaffirmed our structure and recognized that fraternity males benefit from their residential experience," he said.

Wolf's predecessor, Trinity senior Mike Bown, said that Wolf is a tremendous choice for the job.

"He knows what's going on probably more than anyone but me," Bown said.

Both Wolf and Bown said that new IFC officers will be kept busy implementing policy changes and working out the intricate details borne out of the new residential plan, as well as changes to the alcohol policy scheduled to be determined later this semester.

"We spent last year advocating certain ideals and certain systems, and now we'll need to spend this year implementing them," Wolf said.

One area of IFC policy that needs to be addressed is the rush process, because the Board of Trustees voted to push back formal fraternity rush until the spring semester of freshman year. Engineering junior Jake Henry, newly-elected IFC vice president of rush, said it will probably take the IFC the entire semester to formulate new rush rules and schedules.

Wolf said the fraternity community is eager to get started on these projects, as evidenced by the markedly high number of applications for IFC positions for this term.

"People recognize that this is an important semester and want to make sure our voice is heard," he said.

Share and discuss “PiKA junior named to IFC presidency” on social media.