Anne Frank's stepsister Eva Schloss, an Auschwitz survivor, to speak at Duke Monday

Eva Schloss, a holocaust survivor and stepsister of Anne Frank, will speak at 7 p.m. Monday in Page Auditorium.

The talk will commemorate the 70th anniversary of Anne Frank’s diary. Schloss, who gives talks aiming to educate audiences about the Holocaust, is a survivor of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Nazi concentration camp. Her mother married Anne Frank’s father, Otto, in 1953.

Schloss is known for her contributions to modern-day dialogue around the Holocaust. She is the co-founder of the Anne Frank Trust UK, and contributed to the play "And Then They Came for Me: Remembering the World of Anne Frank" a multimedia production that incorporates interviews with Schloss about her experiences in Auschwitz.  In an effort to preserve her story for future generations, Schloss also recorded her answers to more than 1,000 questions for future use in virtual reality educational resources.

The talk is sponsored by Chabad at Duke University, the Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill, the Center for Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights Education of North Carolina, the Duke Center for Jewish Studies and the department of Judaic studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Share and discuss “Anne Frank's stepsister Eva Schloss, an Auschwitz survivor, to speak at Duke Monday” on social media.