Duke basketball holds off late rally to top Vermont

Vermont had a chance to win the game in the closing seconds, but the Catamounts failed to get a shot off as time expired.

played like a team that thought we would just show up and win. That s how you get beat."

It s energy, it
s effort, it s fight. Guys weren t talking out there," Blue Devil point guard Quinn Cook said. "The first 30 minutes of the game we were all playing defense by ourselves. You give a great team like that confidence and the basket is like the ocean out there. They hit some tough shots."

"Those are the kind of situations when we show our immaturity," Krzyzewski said. "Right after that was our worst. [We felt like,] I got enough. Now we got it, were good now. No, were not good, there are 15 minutes to go in the game and theyre shooting over 60 percent from the floor."

"It s nothing to be happy about," Parker said. "We can t just win by one point and be on the verge of losing. We got to do better. We didn t do a good job today."

"Our guys do not understand that what they see on tape is not what theyre going to see that night or that afternoon," Krzyzewski said. [Our opponent is] playing against [my team], theyre playing against [our] history, theyre playing against me. Weve got a good hand here, and youve got to play your hand every day, because the team that plays against you is going to play their hand ultimately."

Share and discuss “Duke basketball holds off late rally to top Vermont” on social media.