Blue Devils United endorses Passo and Schork

Blue Devils United is proud to endorse Will Passo for DSG president and Pete Shork for executive vice president. DSG president is first and foremost an advocate for all students. We feel that over the past three years, Passo has gone out of his way to connect with a diverse group of students on campus and has developed a thorough understanding of their issues. His position on gender-neutral housing and women’s safety is particularly compelling. As the undergraduate LGBT organization at Duke, we are confident that he will serve as a strong ally to our students.

We are concerned by Mike Lefevre’s administration-based approach toward the position. In speaking to our group, Lefevre said that he has little connection to student groups outside of DSG.

We are afraid that he has not dedicated enough time to understanding the specific concerns of diverse students. We believe that the DSG president must not only be a partner with the administration, but also an empathic advocate for the students she or he represents. Lefevre may be a good bureaucrat, but we need much more than that from our DSG president.

We confidently stand behind Passo and Shork for president and EVP, respectively.

Viviana Santiago

President, Blue Devils United

Trinity ’10

Share and discuss “Blue Devils United endorses Passo and Schork” on social media.