After one of the NBA's busiest offseasons, the Brooklyn Nets opened training camp Tuesday morning at Duke's Michael W. Krzyzewski Center. It was a day of debuts for the Nets, including recently-acquired superstars Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry as well as former Blue Devil and first-round draft choice Mason Plumlee. It was also the first day of camp for first-year head coach Jason Kidd.

Veteran voices filled the room as Brooklyn conducted practice, and even on his first official day on the job, Garnett was not shy to take charge as a leader of his new team. Toward the end of practice, the team focused on transition drills, but center Brook Lopez said that the team's primary emphasis of the day was its play on the defensive end.

Point guard Deron Williams was limited in practice Tuesday, nursing a right ankle injury. Terry was also limited as he continues to rehab from offseason ankle surgery, and forward Tornike Shengalia was also limited due to an injury to his right knee.

Here are some thoughts from members of the Brooklyn Nets directly following their first day of practice:

Center Brook Lopez on the first practice led by new head coach Jason Kidd:
"He was great. He has the highest basketball IQ of anyone I've ever known, and he led the guys well. It was a good practice."
Lopez on spending his first week of training camp at Duke:
"At Stanford, I never played them when I was there, but I'm sure we would have beaten them. They were probably scared of us. But it's a nice campus, good facilities. It was awesome to see Coach K here because it's a huge honor."
Lopez on his new teammate, former Blue Devil Mason Plumlee:
"He's a great athlete, moves well for a big and has a big motor. Obviously his basketball IQ, being from Duke, is through the roof."
Mason Plumlee on coming back to his old stomping grounds:
"It's good to be back. It's great to see Coach. It's the first time I've seen him since the draft, but I've talked to him. A lot of our guys on the team like to spend time with him too, so everybody likes being here."
Plumlee on his transition to NBA basketball:
"It's been a lot of learning. The game is a lot different, but we have the people that you want to learn from, that's how I've taken it. I'm just glad that I'm on this team and I'm here to help."
Head coach Jason Kidd on Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski:
"You have one of the best in what he does in Coach K. So we're very thankful to be here. We had him talk to us this morning to give us some wisdom."
Point guard Deron Williams on starting training camp away in Durham:
"It's good to get away, and all that's going to be going on here is basketball. There's not much to do here, so we just get to focus on basketball."