Duke men’s basketball announces 2023 Blue Devil Challenge with matchups against Bucknell, La Salle, Southern Indiana

Head coach Jon Scheyer enters his second season at the helm in 2023-24.

The Blue Devils’ nonconference schedule just got busier.

The program announced Tuesday morning that Duke will play host to the Blue Devil Challenge at Cameron Indoor Stadium in November. The multi-team event comprises Duke alongside Bucknell, La Salle and Southern Indiana and will be played in round-robin style. The Blue Devils  play the Bison Nov. 17, the Explorers Nov. 21 and the Eagles Nov. 24, respectively.

The Blue Devil Challenge adds to Duke’s busy November nonconference slate, which already features matchups with Arizona (Nov. 10), Michigan State (Nov. 14) and a date with an undetermined SEC school for the inaugural ACC-SEC Challenge. The Blue Devils are unbeaten in seven combined games against Bucknell and La Salle and will meet Southern Indiana for the first time in either school’s history.

The remainder of Duke’s schedule has yet to be announced, but will surely provide a good early-season challenge for head coach Jon Scheyer in his second year at the helm. The Blue Devils finished 2022-23 unbeaten at home en route to an ACC tournament title and a Round of 32 appearance in the NCAA tournament.

Andrew Long profile
Andrew Long | Sports Editor

Andrew Long is a Trinity junior and sports editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men’s basketball announces 2023 Blue Devil Challenge with matchups against Bucknell, La Salle, Southern Indiana” on social media.