Report: Redshirt junior guard Jordyn Oliver to transfer from Duke women's basketball

Jordyn Oliver in Duke's first-round NCAA tournament win against Iona at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

After Lee Volker’s reported entrance into the portal in early March, a second Duke player has begun the process of transferring out of the program. 

Jordyn Oliver has entered the transfer portal, per a report from The Next’s Mitchell Northam. After coming to Duke following two seasons at Baylor, the redshirt junior saw time on the floor for just one season with the Blue Devils, having sat out the 2021-22 season rehabbing from an injury.

The 5-foot-10 guard was a key piece coming off the bench for head coach Kara Lawson’s group this year, averaging 3.7 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. She matched a season-high in scoring in what was likely her second-to-last game as a Blue Devil, putting up 10 points in Duke’s first-round NCAA tournament win against Iona

Oliver was ESPN’s No.12 recruit in the high school class of 2019. She played well down the stretch and into the postseason, and will likely be a key pickup on the wing for a team looking for a lengthy defender and consistent finisher in the post. 

Share and discuss “Report: Redshirt junior guard Jordyn Oliver to transfer from Duke women's basketball” on social media.